ScriptBase is available under the following software license:
This legal document is an Agreement between you, the end user (hereafter 'Licensee'), and Richard Phillips (hereafter 'THE AUTHOR'). It relates to the licensing of the computer program 'ScriptBase 4' along with its documentation and utility programs, hereafter referred to as 'THE SOFTWARE'.
By using THE SOFTWARE you are agreeing to become bound by the terms of this agreement, which includes a software license and disclaimer of warranty. If you do not agree to the terms of this agreement, remove THE SOFTWARE from your system, and do not use it.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE. THE AUTHOR grants to you, the Licensee, a royalty-free non-exclusive right to use THE SOFTWARE in accordance with the terms set forth below.
2. LIFETIME OF THE LICENCE The lifetime of this License is restricted as follows:
2.1 FREE EVALUATION PERIOD. The Licensee may use THE SOFTWARE for a period of sixty days without payment to THE AUTHOR. The Licensee must inform THE AUTHOR that they are using THE SOFTWARE for evaluation purposes by entering comprehensive and accurate registration details (as requested) onto the ScriptBase website, not later than one month after installing THE SOFTWARE.
2.2 PURCHASED LEASE The use of THE SOFTWARE for longer than the period described in 2.1 requires the payment of a license fee as set out by the pricing schedule provided by THE AUTHOR, current at the time of purchase. On payment of this fee and subject to the provisions of this agreement, the lifetime of this license is one calendar year. The Licensee may purchase a license for multiples of one year if agreed and confirmed in writing by THE AUTHOR.
3. OTHER LIMITATIONS ON USE The Licensee is permitted to use THE SOFTWARE only with a single copy of the database (the collection of files created by and containing data specific to THE SOFTWARE) created by THE SOFTWARE when first installed by the Licensee. This database contains a unique installation number that must be quoted by the Licensee when THE SOFTWARE is registered and license is purchased. Additional copies of this database may be made and retained for backup purposes.
3.1 The Licensee expressly accepts that THE SOFTWARE will enforce limits on the number of concurrently prescribed clients as described in the pricing schedule and according to the license fee paid.
4. OWNERSHIP AND COPYRIGHT THE SOFTWARE and all the accompanying written materials are copyrighted. THE AUTHOR retains title and ownership of THE SOFTWARE and all copies thereof.
5. REVERSE ENGINEERING You may not attempt any form of reverse engineering, de-compiling or hacking of THE SOFTWARE, nor knowingly or through neglect allow another party the opportunity to do this.
6. NETWORKS. You may install multiple copies of THE SOFTWARE on a network to enable concurrent access to the single database used by THE SOFTWARE as described in clause 3. Network installations may include LAN or WAN and / or allow users to access THE SOFTWARE via terminal services, Citrix metaframe or other functionally similar technologies.
7. ACCESS TO DATA. Data stored by THE SOFTWARE is in encrypted form. If you forget passwords, or do not register THE SOFTWARE of fail to renew the license or experience a computer virus or other problems in the running of THE SOFTWARE, you may become unable to access, view or export data. THE AUTHOR is not obligated under this License to enable or further facilitate access to your data; the Licensee accepts full responsibility for any consequent difficulties of trade, lawsuit or costs.
7.1 On payment of the required fee for this license, THE AUTHOR will provide a code to unlock THE SOFTWARE for the licensed period. On expiry of the license THE SOFTWARE may become unusable by the Licensee unless and until a further license is purchased and an additional code supplied by THE AUTHOR. It is the responsibility of the Licensee to make timely arrangements for the purchase of subsequent licenses and avoid disruption in use of THE SOFTWARE. It is the responsibility of the Licensee to export or make note of any information available when running THE SOFTWARE that they may require after the end of the license period. THE AUTHOR is not responsible for enabling or facilitating access to data stored by THE SOFTWARE upon or after termination of this License.
7.2 It is the responsibility of the Licensee to maintain periodic backup copies of all data and programs used in conjunction with THE SOFTWARE in order to prevent catastrophic loss or disruption.
8. TRANSFER RESTRICTIONS. This license is not transferable to any third party without the written agreement of THE AUTHOR. The Licensee may not, without the written permission of THE AUTHOR, pass the database or other information generated by THE SOFTWARE to any third party, except comma-delimited files exported by THE SOFTWARE (including NDTMS reports) and printed reports.
9. TERMINATION. This License will terminate automatically without notice from THE AUTHOR if you fail to comply with any provision of this License. Upon termination, you must destroy the accompanying written materials and all copies of THE SOFTWARE. If the Licensee continues to use THE SOFTWARE after termination of this license The Licensee agrees to becomes liable to THE AUTHOR for the full the price of the unlimited-client license according to THE AUTHORS published schedule at the time of the trial period ending.
10. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY. THE AUTHOR does not warrant that the functions contained in THE SOFTWARE will meet your requirements, or will operate in the combinations which may be selected for use by you, or that the operation of THE SOFTWARE will be uninterrupted or error free, or that any defects that may exist in THE SOFTWARE will be corrected. Errors may exist in THE SOFTWARE; the Licensee expressly assumes all risks in using THE SOFTWARE.
10.1 THE SOFTWARE and accompanying written materials are provided 'as is'. THE AUTHOR does not warrant, guarantee, or make any representations regarding THE SOFTWARE or written materials in terms of correctness, accuracy, reliability, current-ness or otherwise. No oral or written information or advice given by THE AUTHOR, it's dealers, distributors, agents or employees shall create a warranty or in any way increase the scope of this warranty.
10.2 Neither THE AUTHOR, nor anyone else who has been involved in the creation, production or delivery of THE SOFTWARE shall be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, or incidental damages, arising out of the use of or inability to use THE SOFTWARE, even if THE AUTHOR has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
10.3 The Licensee takes express and full responsibility for checking that prescriptions printed using THE SOFTWARE by or with the consent of the Licensee or their staff or agents, conform to applicable legislation and the professional judgment of appropriately qualified clinicians, in advance of such prescriptions being signed; the Licensee expressly assumes all responsibility for the accuracy or appropriateness of issued prescriptions printed using THE SOFTWARE.
11. LIMITATION ON SUIT. You agree that any suit or other legal action or any arbitration relating in any way to this Agreement or to THE SOFTWARE must be officially filed or officially commenced no later than ONE (1) YEAR after THE SOFTWARE is received by you.
12. COMPLETE AGREEMENT. This Agreement is the complete software license agreement between you and THE AUTHOR and supersedes all prior negotiations, agreements, and understandings concerning its subject matter. The interpretation of this Agreement may not be explained or supplemented by any course of dealing or performance, or by any usage of trade.